Party Theme Ideas for an Artsy and Modern Bride
With your wedding day fast approaching, it’s about time you start thinking about how you can celebrate your hen party. As an artsy bride-to-be, we know for sure that you want to celebrate it in a more unique and creative way.
If you haven’t started planning the juicy details of your hen party or if you’re having a hard time to figure out how you want things to roll, then perhaps our party guide can help you. We’ve specifically created this guide for every modern bride-to-be who loves arts and crafts.
Pottery class party
If your girl squad has a thing for pottery, try organising a pottery themed party. There’s plenty of pottery schools and studios that you can contact in case you want to explore this party theme.
Every guest will receive instructions on how to form the shape of the pot and bake it inside the kiln. The pottery instructor will also provide simple tips on how to decorate the pots the right way.
Yarn bombing party
If you’re a serious crafter, you may have come across the word yarn bombing from crocheters and knitting aficionados. Yarn bombing is a form of street art. Crafters join together to cover a public object or structure with crocheted or knitted material.
Try coordinating with schools, parks or other famous landmarks before you organise your hen party. Instead of throwing a crazy party that you won’t even remember the next morning, why not organise a party that can actually contribute to the world.
Host a drawing party
What better way to bring out everyone’s creative side than hosting a hen life drawing party. With a nude life drawing package, you get to have a handsome model with sinewy muscles and chiselled picture.
The party vendor will also provide the art materials needed for the party. In case you want to use special props, you can also coordinate with your chosen party vendor. We bet you and your girlfriends will have a great time sketching the nude model.
Reminisce your childhood days by hosting a pyjama party. Instead of booking a hotel for your accommodation, go book an Airbnb property or a serviced apartment instead. Choose a property that can comfortably accommodate all your guests.
It’s a low key way to celebrate your bachelorette party regardless of your interest or age. Don’t forget to include classic party games like twister, truth or dare, and spin the bottle.
Private dancing class
Dancing is a beautiful form of art that involves doing various body movements. If you’re blessed with a body that can make graceful movements, we’re certain that you will want to host a private hen dance party.
With a dance party, you can effectively urn some calories before your big day. A lot of dance studios offer a variety of short courses for brides-to-be and their entourage. You can try pole dancing, belly dancing, hip hop, and even ballroom. There’s are so many types of dances that you can choose from.
T-shirt painting party
Forget about wearing an ordinary-looking hen party t-shirt. You can create your customised shirts with your gals using your handy dandy paint brushes and textile paint.
Think of a design or theme that you can use for the shirt. Surely with your witty and crafty minds combined, you can create the best shirt designs that you can proudly wear when you go bar hopping.
If you haven’t been going out lately, glamping may be the best hen party theme for you. With glamping, you get to enjoy the outdoors, reconnect with nature, and disconnect yourself temporarily from the busy life in the city.
Glamping companies offer a wide array of accommodation to cater to all kinds of brides-to-be. You can choose between serviced glamping tents, teepees, cabins, or yurts. Most of the time glamping packages include complimentary drinks and food as well as crafting and bonfire activities.
Explore the famous museums
Use your hen party as your opportunity to visit all those museums you never had the chance to see because of your busy schedule There’s a terribly long list of places for art enthusiasts. A few examples include:
- Paris, France – Paris is not just well recognised all over the world as a hen party destination. It’s also a haven for people who are strongly fascinated by art. It’s home to a number of notable museums such as the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Rodin Museum and Orangerie Museum.
- Florence, Italy – Because Florence is located at the heart of Italy, it’s filled with so many art museums. Each museum has a wide collection of artworks that tell the tales of the renaissance period. Some of the most notable museums in Florence include the Academia Gallery, Palazzo Strozzi, and the Innocenti Museum.
- New York City, New York – The Big Apple is quite famous among the members of the art community thanks to the world-renowned museums here such as the MET, Whitney Museum of American Art, Guggenheim, and the Rubin.
- Rome, Italy – Rome is also one of the places that come up when someone looks for sculpture, art exhibits and museums. Some of the museums you’ll find in Rome include the Vatican Museum, La Galleria Nazionale d’Arte Moderna and Museum of Rome.
- Vienna, Austria – There quite a number of well-known architects and artists born in Vienna, Austria. A few of the most recognised names in the business include Rudolf von Alt, Maria Bach, Gerti Deutsch, Abin Lienz and Valie Export. When you visit Vienna for your all-girls trip, do include in your itinerary the Wien Museum, Museum of Applied Arts, and the Imperial Furniture Collection.
- Kyoto, Japan – Western countries aren’t the only ones who have beautiful art collections. Asian countries like Japan have some of the most amazing textile artworks in the world. You should check out the art exhibits of Katazome, Furoshiki and Itchiku Kubota.
Visiting museums can be a nice experience for you and the rest of your bridal team. Just pick one of the destinations above and avail the necessary passes. Then, you can go bar hopping to calm your nerves after a long day of exploring.
Whatever way you choose to celebrate your last few weeks as a single woman, we hope that you have a blast! We’re absolutely certain that you’ll think of a fantastic way to have fun with all your closest and dearest girlfriends.